Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Company

Story time.
Once Narad muni asked lord Vishnu what is the benefit of the company of saints, enlightened people etc. Lord Vishnu said,"at a certain place on earth is a certain worm lying in the mud go and ask him he will be glad to tell you."
So following instructions Narad muni goes to the worm and asks him "What is the benefit of the company of saints & sages?".The worm dies on the spot, disappointed Narad muni returns to lord Vishnu and tells him what happened. After a pause Lord Vishnu tells him to meet a certain dog who will answer his question.
Obediently Narad muni goes to the dog and asks,"What is the benefit of the company of saints & sages?".The dog also dies immediately, annoyed Narad muni returns to Lord Vishnu and tells him of the incident. Lord Vishnu directs him to kingdom of powerful king,"The queen just gave birth to a son, ask him he will solve your query".
Narad muni reaches the kingdom and is greeted with all honours. The King shows him to the new born son, however Narad is terrified to ask him anything because he is afraid that like the worm and the dog the child will also die, and should that happen all the hands that were honouring him would turn kill him. Finally Narad muni brings up all his courage and asks,"What is the benefit of the company of saints & sages?"
To everyone's surprise the new born child starts speaking "O Devrishi why do you ask such a silly question, the first time we met I was liberated from the life of worm just because you spoke to me. The next you found me as a dog and again freed me from that form as well, just by your company and now I have risen from a worm to a human birth merely by your company. When I grow old and die I will be liberated from the circle of life and death, for you have come on my birth to meet me.This is what the company of saints & sages does."

Jai Gurudeva!

Love,

Mihir


P.S. Almost forget its my birthday and couldn't remember why I woke up at 3:30 even for sadhana and went back to sleep. Suddenly at 5:00 I woke up and realized it was my Birthday. Quickly freshed up and did my morning sadhana (damn I hate it when I don't do it at 4:00 AM) and was almost late for college, still thanks to his grace I made it in one piece and ready for the day saying 'try me' instead of 'why me'. Completely forgotten where I put the QnA with Rishi Vidyadharji yesterday will post it as soon as I find it

0 comments:

Post a Comment